1. Address: University “Politehnica” of
Power Engineering Faculty
313, Spl. Independenţei
060032 Bucuresti 16, ROMANIA
Phone: (+40.21) 4029.446
Fax:: (+40.21) 4029.446
· M. Sc. in Power Systems from
“Politehnica” of Power University (1968), Bucharest
· Ph.D. in Power Systems from
“Politehnica” of Power University (1977), Bucharest
· UNESCO research scholarship at Division of Studies and Researches – Clamart, Electricité de France (1972 / 1973).
· International Course “Artificial Intelligence Techniques Applications in Power Systems” by University
Training Partnership, EPFL, Enterprise (1994). Lausanne
3. Teaching positions:
· Full Professor at Electrical Power Engineering Department (since 1992); Courses: Electrical Networks, Transmission and Distribution of Electrical Energy, Power System Dynamics, Advanced Techniques in Power Systems: FACTS and A.I. (Master)
· Invited Professor at Faculté Polytechnique de Mons (1991, 1994), Ecole Fédérale Polytechnique de Lausanne (1994, 1995), NTU of Athens (2001) and Institute National Polytechnique de Grenoble (2005)
· Teaching mobilities in the framework of SOCRATES Programme: Université de Liège, NTU Athens, Faculté Polytechnique de Mons, Chalmers University of Goteborg, INP Grenoble, Brunel University of London, Politecnico di Torino, Politecnico di Milano.
4. Other positions:
· Institutional Coordinator of SOCRATES Office of European Communities (since 1999),
· Head of Power Systems Department (since
1 March 2004),
· Director for World Bank Project (1999-2002),
· Expert evaluator for Projects and Grants of World Bank, CNCSIS, Ministry of Education and Research, ANSTI, RELANSIN Programme, Excellence Research Center (University of Craiova, University of Petroşani),
· President of accreditation of Ministry of Education and Research in the energy field (INCD-ICEMENERG),
· Director of Sub-programs of MENER program,
· Chair of IEEE RoPES
(2001), Chapter, Romania
· Chapter Representative of IEEE Region 8 – Central and
· Member of Directory Board of Romanian Institute for Energy – IRE.
5. National and international recognition:
· “Constantin Budeanu” Award of the
, 2002, for the book “Mircea Eremia, Jacques Trecat, Alain Germond – Réseaux électriques. Aspects actuels, Technical Publisher, Romanian Academy , 2000”; Bucharest
· IEEE Outstanding Small Chapter Award 2004;
· Senior Member of IEEE (din 2000);
· Distinguished Member of CIGRE (2004).
Courses Taught: Electrical Networks; Transmission and Distribution of Electrical Energy; Power System Dynamics; Advanced Techniques in Power Systems: FACTS and AI (Master).
Theses Supervisor: Diploma projects (150), Dissertation projects (25)
PhD supervisor (see the list below)
Revising: books (8), papers in “Energetica” revue (29), IEEE (Trans. on Power Systems) (2).
Organizer of round tables: “Voltage stability in power systems”, “The interconnection of Romanian Power Grid with UCTE to participate at the Black Sea ring”, “Impact of FACTS devices on power systems”, “The 7th EUROSTAG Users’ Club Meeting”, “Stable operation of interconnected power systems under liberalized market conditions”, “Prevention solutions for power system blackouts. Applications to the Romanian Power Grid”, “Management of Romanian Power Grid under liberalized electricity market requirements”
Coordinator of International Courses “Advanced Technologies in Power Systems: FACTS and AI”, May/June 2002 and May/June 2003, Program Erasmus IP of European Communities (7 professors and 21 students from abroad and 15 professors and 42 students from Romania have attended the courses); Co-organizer of the summer school “Virtual Balkan Power Centre – Renewable Energy Systems Summer School”, VBPC-RES Summer School, Bucharest 2005.
Organizer of CIGRE Workshop on “Expert Systems Application in Power Systems”,
, June 1994 Neptun, Romania
Co-organizer of International Symposium “Artificial Intelligence in Power Systems” (Galaţi, Romania, 1998, 2004)
Member in PhD examination committees: in
(25), abroad ( Romania , Institute National Polytechnique de Grenoble) Chalmers University
Director of Doctoral School in Power Systems
Member in Technical Committees of International Conferences:
I. International Conference on AC-DC Power Transmission, November 28-30, 2001, London; International Conference on Power and Energy Systems EuroPES Rhodos, July 3-6, 2001; Large Regional Networks within the Black Sea Region, June 10-15, 2001, Suceava; FOREN 2000, 2002 and 2004, Neptun; IEE MedPower 2002, November 3-6, 2002, Athens; Balkan Power Conference, 2003 and 2005; International Conference on Energy & Environment, CIEM, 2003 and 2005, Bucharest; IEEE Power Engineering Society, 2004 General Meeting, Denver, June 6-10, 2004, (Poster Session Chair); IEE MedPower 2004, 15-17 November 2004, Lemesos, Cyprus; IEEE PowerTech, St Petersburg, June 27-30, 2005; CIGRE Symposium on Role of HVDC, FACTS and Emerging Technologies in Evolving Power Systems, Bangalore, India, 17-24 September 2005 (chair session).
Responsible for scientific cooperation between Power Engineering Faculty “Center for Researches Energy Environment” and “Centre de Recherches Energetiques et Municipales (CREM)” with Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne.
Member of national and international organizations
· Member of Romanian Committee of CIGRE
· Member in Studies Committee B4 (1996 – 2000; 2002 – present) and CS38 (2000-2002) of CIGRE
· Member of Power Systems Stability Subcommittee (since 1999) and of Power Systems Dynamic Performance Committee (since 2002) of IEEE
· CIGRE Member (since 1992)
· IEEE Member
· Member of Societé des Electriciens et des Electroniciens – France (since 1998)
· Member of National Romanian Committee of the World Energy Council (since 2001)
· Founder Member of Scientific and Technical Association on Electrical Engineers from Romania (since 1999), President of Youth Branch of IRE (since 2001), Founder Member of Romanian Institute for Energy – IRE (since 2003),
· Member of Editorial Advisory Panel of International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education,
(since 1995) Manchester, UK
· Editorial Board Member of Energetica Revue (since 1997)
· Member of CIGRE WG 38.06. “Application of Expert Systems in Power Systems” (1992-1995)
· Member of CIGRE Task Force 38.02.13. "New trends and requirements for Dynamic Security" (1995-1998)
· Member of CIGRE Joint WG 14/37/38/39.24. "FACTS Technology for open access" (2000-2001)
· Member of WG 14.38 “Simulation of HVDC and FACTS”, (2001-2002)
· 10 books
o Eremia, M., Crişciu H., Ungureanu B., Bulac C. – "Computer Aided Analysis of Power Systems Regimes" (in Romanian). Technical Publisher,
, 1985. Bucharest
o Eremia, M. – "New Techniques in Electrical Energy Transmission. Applications of Power Electronics" (in Romanian). Technical Publisher,
, 1997. Bucharest
o Eremia, M. (coordinator), Bulac A.I., Petricică D., Bulac C.,
– “Artificial intelligence techniques. Concepts and applications in power systems” (in Romanian), AGIR Publisher, Triştiu I. , 2001. Bucharest
o Eremia, M., Trecat, J., Germond, A. – “Réseaux électriques. Aspects actuels” (in French). Technical Publisher,
, 2000. Bucharest
o Eremia, M. (Editor), Song, Y.H., Hatzyargyriou, N., Buta, A., Cârţină, Gh. et al. – “Electric Power Systems.
Electric Networks” (in English), Publishing House of the Volume I. , Romanian Academy , 2005, 830 pages, (to be published). Bucharest
o Wang, X., Song, Y.H., Eremia, M. – Chapter 8: “Financial instruments and their role in market dispatch and congestion management”, pp. 205 – 221, from: Song Y.H., Wang X.F., et al. – “Operation of Market – oriented Power Systems”, Springer Verlag,
, 2003. London
· 120 papers at national or international conferences / revues
1. Eremia, M. – The Analysis of the Dynamic Power System Stability. International AMSE Conference, Paris, vol.5,
July 1-3, 1982.
2. Eremia, M., Crişciu H. – L'oportunité de la reduction des pertes d'énergie électrique par la compensation de la puissance réactive et l'accroissement de la section des conducteurs. Proc. of the first IASTED Symposium on Applied Informatics, vol. II,
, March 1983. Lille
3. Eremia, M., Bulac, C. – Simulation des régimes dynamiques des réseaux électriques à l'aide d'équivalents REI et ETI. AMSE Press, vol. 13, no. 4, 1987.
4. Eremia, M., Bălan, Gh., Aldea, C., – Stability Improvement in Under-Excitation Operation by Means of Special Automatic Control System. Symposium, CIGRE – Electric Power Systems Reliability,
, Sept. 1991. Montreal
5. Trecat, J., Eremia, M., Bulac, C., Bălan, Gh. – Voltage stability Evaluation Indices. Proceedings of the IEEE NTUA Joint International Power Conference,
Power TECH Athens APT’93 , Athens , Greece September 5-9, 1993, pp. 362-366.
6. Cheng, C. Liu (convener), Eremia, M., et al. – Utilisation pratique des systèmes experts dans la planification et l'exploitation des réseaux d'énergie. CIGRE Task Force 38.06.03, ELECTRA, No. 146, Fevrier 1993.
7. Eremia, M., Bulac, C., Petricica, D., Tristiu,
I., Udma E. – Computer - Aided Education in Power Systems. Australasian J. of Engng. Educ., Vol. 6, No. 1, 1995.
8. Suzuki, H. (convener), Bykow, A.W., Cho, K. B., Eremia, M. et al – Application of Expert Systems to Education and Training of Power Engineers. CIGRE Task Force 38.06.05, ELECTRA, No. 165, April 1996.
9. Meyer, B. (convener), Beissler, A., Exwue, A.O., Eremia, M., et al – New Trends and Requirement for Dynamic Security Assessment. CIGRE Task Force 38.02.13, ELECTRA, No.121, 1998.
10. Aldea, C., Eremia, M. – Power oscillations damping using the unified control of active and reactive power flow. Symposium CIGRE, Power System Issues in Rapidly Industrializing countries, Kuala Lumpur, 20-24 Sept. 1999.
11. Eremia, M., Bulac, C., Bulac, A.I., Triştiu,
I., Trecat, J. – Voltage Stability in Power System: Assessment and Control by Artificial Intelligence Techniques. Session - 2000 CIGRE, Paris, Sept. 2000, paper 38-114.
12. Dwek, M.G. (convener), Cleobury, E.G., Eremia, M., et al. – Techniques FACTS pour accès ouvert. CIGRE GT Commun 14/37/38/39.24, ELECTRA 45, No. 195, April 2001, Brochure CIGRE 183.
13. Eremia, M., Petricica, D., Simon, P., Gheorghiu, D. – Some Aspects of Hierarchical Voltage – Reactive Power Control. 2001 IEEE PES Summer Meeting, July 15-19,
. Vancouver, Canada
14. Aldea, C., Eremia, M., – Voltage and Power Oscillations Damping: Impact of the SVC and UPFC. 2001 International Conference on Power Systems. ICPS 2001,
Wuhan , China Sept. 3-6, 2001.
15. Bulac, A.I., Eremia, M., Bulac, C., Hatzargyriou, N. – Artificial Intelligence Techniques for Voltage Stability Assessment: A Comparative Study. MedPower2002,
, 4-6 Nov., 2002. Athens
16. Bulac, C., Eremia, M., Balaurescu, R., Ştefănescu, V. – Load Flow Management in the Interconnected Power Systems using UPFC Devices. IEEE PowerTech,
, Bologna June 23-26, 2003.
17. Bulac, C., Eremia, M., Triştiu, I., Toma, L. – STABTEN: A practical tool for fast voltage stability assessment in power systems, IEE&IEEE MedPower’04, Lemesos, Cipru, 15-17 Noiembrie 2004.
18. Andreea Erbaşu, Berizzi, A., Eremia, M., Bulac, C. – Implementation studies of Secondary Voltage Control on the Romanian power grid, IEEE PowerTech Conference, St. Petersburg, Russia, 27-30 June 2005.
I.Eremia, M. Bulac, C., Toma, L. – Optimal Location of Dispersed Generators for Reliability Improvement of Distribution Networks, CIGRE Symposium on Power Systems with Dispersed Generation, , 13-16 April 2005. Athens, Greece
20. Radu, D., Eremia, M., Besanger, Y. – Static synchronous series compensator modelling using the EUROSTAG software, CIGRE Symposium on Role of HVDC, FACTS and Emerging Technologies in Evolving Power Systems, Bangalore, India, 17-24 septembrie 2005.
· Invited papers
1. Eremia, M., Bulac, C. – Voltage stability and the application of FACTS devices in improving the power systems performances. PSC 2003,
, 6-7 Nov. 2003. Timişoara
2. Eremia, M. – Doctoral School Researches in Power Systems, The 7th Eurostag Users’ Club Meeting, Bucureşti,
29 March 2004.
3. Eremia, M. – Some researches concerning voltage stability assessment, IEEE PES General Meeting,
, Presentation within Power System Dynamic Performance Committee, 6-10 June 2004. Denver
· 95 national research grants and 7 international research grants
Mircea EREMIA, Mihai SĂNDULEAC, Nicolae GOLOVANOV – Method and command system of an industrial distribution electrical systems. No. 95438 from 18.04.1986.